Due to the ongoing COVID-19, some changes in courses are likely to happen. Kindly check with the provider on an individual basis.
Linkages with World’s Universities
Due to Auroville’s well known ecological restoration, sustainable practices, architectural innovations and a wide range of social experiments, Auroville has been capturing the interest and imagination of people from diverse backgrounds. Interested students, researchers, and faculty members from educational institutions from India and abroad have been engaging with Auroville through internships, volunteer work, research, case studies, documentation, & hands-on work experience.
Living Routes, the non-profit study-abroad organization from the USA which had been sending university students to Auroville was one of the first groups to embrace the potential of Auroville as an educational campus and to consistently act on it. The semester programme at Auroville was hugely popular, and Living Routes had run courses continuously in Auroville for two semesters each year without a break from 1998 to 2013. Even though Living Routes closed down in 2014, Auroville was already well established as a destination for students from across the world.
In recent times, there has been a growing trend of universities and other educational institutions carrying out regular learning engagements with Auroville.
Some of the notable institutions which have been recently collaborating with Auroville are:
- Queen's University, Canada
- American University of Paris (AUP)
- CEPT, Centre for Environmental Planning and Technology, Ahmedabad
- Film and Television Institute of India, Pune
- Aurouniversity, Surat
- Himalyan Institute of Alternatives Ladakh
- Swaraj University, Udaipur
- Pondicherry University
- American University of Paris, USA-France
- California Institute of Integral Studies, USA
- Institute of Noetic Sciences, IONS
- Living Routes, University of Massachusetts, USA
- SIT Graduate Institute, Washington, USA
- University de Montpellier, France
- University of IOWA, USA
- University of Washington, USA
- University-College of Brussels (HUB), Belgium
- Vestoppland Folk Highschool, Norway
- Antioch New England graduate school (AUNE), USA
- Indian Council of Architects
- Madurai Kamaraj University
Besides, students from several Universities write their thesis on Auroville. Some of those research papers can be found here.
At present we are collecting information on various universities that are already engaging with Auroville and this page will be updated soon with more information.